Wednesday, July 06, 2005

About the Title

So I'm a blogger now. I'll save the navel-gazing implications of all of this for a later date.

For now I will address the issue of the name of the blog. The story on this goes back to my days as a claims adjustor for a prominent national car rental agency. Each file that crossed my desk had an accident description written by the manager of the particular rental franchise. Usually, they were dull things such as, "First car rear-ends second car" or "Ran a red light. Crashed into motorcycle." In this case, however, the description simply read, "Hit a dancing pedestrian." I left the job before I got to find out what that meant or what really happened, but it's continued to fascinate me. Why was this pedestrian dancing? What was so notable about the dancing that it merited mention in the accident description? Was the driver annoyed at the dancing?

Anyway, I swore I'd use this dancing pedestrian line someday, so here it is. I present you with Dancing Pedestrian: The Blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very humorous and entertaining blog site. I'm glad you didn't give away the ending to War of the Worlds, I still haven't seen it. Maybe you can post a good recipe for roasted beets.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home