Friday, July 08, 2005

The Precious Has Returned

I am officially with iPod again. In fact, I am with a new and improved iPod. My previous pod happened to fitz out right as Apple was unveiling a new version, so my free replacement (thanks, Best Buy!) is an upgrade.

How, you might ask, does the new version compare with the old? All iPods are, of course, wonderful in their own way, but there are a few notable differences in the new version.

1. The screen is in color. My battery light is a refreshing green. The "here's how far you are into the song" line is a light, cool blue. So now my iPod soothes me visually as well as audibly.

2. Album art, when available, appears on screen as songs play. Last night, I spent half an hour scrolling through songs just to look at this art. I imagine, though, that the thrill of this feature will eventually wear off.

3. I can put photos on the iPod. And I don't care. I could also put my dissertation notes on it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to.

4. It is shiny.

Actually, that's all the differences I've found. It's just good to have the precious pod back.

P.S. This particular precious pod is named Eddie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home