Monday, April 03, 2006

It’s DNA, I Tell You!

Proving that my tendency toward ridiculous accidents/situations is at least partly genetic, I just received word that my father has sustained a semi-serious injury resulting from a heated game of… Duck, Duck, Grey Duck. Fortunately, a full recovery seems assured.

Amusingly, though, in what could only be an attempt to foster understanding between Minnesotans and non-Minnesotans, my father referred to the game as “Duck, Duck, Grey Goose.”

In other crazy news, (a) I won $60 over the weekend based solely on my Final Four basketball predictions, (b) I have now gone TWO MONTHS without playing a single game (including both Hearts and Free Cell) on my (or any other) computer, and (c) I agreed (only because I can’t say “no” to old ladies) to attempt another blood-giving on Wednesday. The last attempt at the latter left me knocked unconscious on a linoleum floor. What new ridiculous terrors await this time?

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Pelika said...

That must have been one heated game of DDGD!

You should have let me know about the desire to blood-give - we could have gone to the Bucky Badger Drive together - Bucky was there (he welcomed me personally), and there was entertainment, etc.

Of course, since then I've had a weird wooshing sound in my head (Po - yes, the same one from my last year there - it's back!).

11:09 AM  
Blogger grrrbear said...

Maybe what he didn't tell you was that he invented a new drinking game with his buddies, where the grey duck/goose has to down a vodka shot if he doesn't catch the tagger.

Hence, the new name.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home