Monday, September 19, 2005

At Least Stupid West Wing Didn't Win Again

Before proceeding with other matters:

1. Welcome to your new existence, Eli Q!
2. Congratulations on your continued existences, J.Bro and Spice!


Other matters:

Did you-all have Emmy fever this weekend???

I thought not.

Nonetheless, for those of you who didn’t stick through the endless-as-always ceremony but still want to participate in Emmy-related banter about the office this week, I have taken one for the team and am providing you with a brief list of the key Emmy-related happenings.

1. Flowers are the new “twee plastic bracelet for a cause.” And magnolias are the flowers that best capture Hollywood’s feelings regarding Hurricane Katrina victims.
2. Everybody Loves Raymond STILL won a lot. Which is bad. But the big one dedicated his award to Brit-Brit and young Preston. Which is funny.
3. Shatner and Jon Stewart kick ass. Everybody else sucks.
4. Trump wore overalls. See #3 and note that Trump is neither Shatner nor Jon Stewart.
5. The Desperate Housewife no one really cares about won the Emmy. Sadly, there were no tantrums or hair pulling among the others.
6. Patricia Arquette had really bizarre hair. And she won. Which is equally bizarre.
7. Boston Legal won stuff, but I’m not convinced that show actually exists.
8. Charlize Theron looked really bored. And Patricia Heaton did not clap once when Hurricane Katrina was mentioned. Scandal!
9. Actually, you can add Zach Braff and House to the not-suck list. Their shtick about British accents made me giggle ever-so-slightly. Of course, both of them lost.

That’s all I got. This is a really boring post. But I’m too tired to do any more.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You neglected to mention that not only did patricia arquette have a wretched hairdo, but it looked way too much like the standard hairstyle of The Flock of Seagulls. She should have had the Emmy removed from her hand for just that reason.

Oh, and the magnolia was selected because it is the state flower of both Louisiana and Mississippi, so there was a slight reason to use that instead of the standard bracelets -- plus they look cuter, don't they?

11:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Apparently Joan Rivers commented in the post-game show that Patricia Arquette's hair was styled by the hurricane. Joan Rivers - never a joke in bad taste!

1:17 PM  
Blogger J.Po said...

Dude. I laughed heartily when the woman who won best actress in a made-for-TV-movie (the black actress who wasn't Hally Berry) tried to recover her acceptence speech from her bossom. And I got all weepy during the tribute to the end of an era of nat'l news anchors and the thoughtful words about Peter Jennings. Was Alan Alda on the brink of tears?

Otherwise, I wasted 3 hours of my time.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Apparently olenelson's humour was lost on anonymous.

I do have to say, t-bone, for all the complaints in regards to your numerous mishaps,that you do seem to have rather high threshhold for pain. How else could you bear watching the Emmy's in their entirety? Ouch!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Stacey Pelika said...

I saw the last half - which I watched while doing something else. So the only Emmy Idol performance I saw was Shatner/von Stade, which was well worth my time. I agree with Po that S. Epatha Merkerson (or whatever her name is) was awesome and that the news anchor tribute was touching. Other than that - meh. I'm just glad that Raymond won rather than having Desperate Housewives beat Arrested Development (which premieres tonight, BTW...).

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I missed so much. Could you please explain the Patricia Arquette win for those of us in other coutries? Exactly how did it happen? And more importantly...why?

I would miss tv except that yesterday I watched the Hindi version of 9 Months (That hugh grant movie) on a boot-legged VCD. At times you could see the head of the man sitting in front of the bootlegger. It was pretty funny (expect fot the metric ton of suckiness).

10:38 PM  
Blogger OleNelson said...

Wow. Hugh Grant in Hindi. Something tells me that this might be an improvement on the original.

As for an explanation for the P.A. win, NDV, I got nothing. Except isn't she married/related to someone terrible? I forget, but perhaps it's all... a conspiracy!

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home