Friday, September 23, 2005

“You’re… YAWN… fired!”

Even Trump is sick of his stupid show.

He started this fourth go-around by dividing the teams into men vs. women. Why? Because otherwise he has a hard time telling the teams apart. I do NOT kid.

And later, one of the many confused folk who choose to emulate Trump was describing why his team was named Excel. “We intend to excel in every task and our excel-ing is part of our general excellence and…”

“Sounds great,” breaks in Trump. “I’ll see you tonight.” He could not possibly have been more bored.

The rest of the episode proceeded as usual. “Leader X is not utilizing me to my full potential!” “Candidate Y is a disruptive force and is far too difficult to manage!” “I was fired only because everyone else is so very jealous of my beauty and intelligence!”

I think I’m out. No more Apprentice for me. We’ll see if I can stick to this vow, but God willing, I will find the fortitude.

3 Comments:

Blogger grrrbear said...

I dropped out of the Apprentice about halfway into the second season. But I enjoy the concept, and actually watched about 10 minutes of the end yesterday. I'm done too.

What amazes me is that casting directors think to themselves "Yeah, these folks are going to make for great television!" It'd be much better if they actually cast some intelligent, reasonable people.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know he has to, but Trump said on Ellen on Tuesday that this was THE BEST SEASON YET!!! Since he has no reason to say that if it's not true, I believe him. Then Ellen asked to see his wallet.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Stacey Pelika said...

I feel the same as grrrbear - last night I kept wondering "Why are all these people pretty, vapid jackasses?" You'd think they could find some actual smart people. They need to realize that this show is interesting because of the tasks and the process and how that wears people down (a la Amazing Race) rather than the simple interaction between the people themselves.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home