Friday, December 16, 2005

Faith in Humanity: 1; Faith in Self: 0

On the first point, my purloined corkscrew has finally been returned! The mysterious neighbor who materialized to borrow it a week ago finally left it with an accompanying note. The note made frequent use of the words “dude” and “bro.” And I don’t believe irony was involved. So perhaps I should change the “Faith in Humanity” score to ½.

As for the other point, I looked at that Rate-Your-Professors site yesterday. It’s this independent thing where students, disgruntled or otherwise, can write reviews of their professors to encourage or ward off future class-seekers.

I was not featured directly. However, within a review of a professor I had TA-ed for, I was clearly referenced. “Good class yada, yada. Professor X really good yada, yada. OleNelson the TA, though, was a bit of a diva.”

WHAT? A DIVA? I’m… stumped. Although someone suggested last night that I was only distressed because I knew it was 5% true. Humph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home