Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Do I Smell Like Piss?

So the way the blog comment thing works is that I get e-mailed any comment made on the blog (which is great because it saves me from having to re-load the page hundreds of times throughout the day).

I was confused, however, when the following comment from an anonymous reader appeared in my inbox this afternoon: “because mens bathrooms smell of piss consistantly. i don't want to share in that.”

I immediately assumed that this was some sort of coded slam regarding my controversial Woody Allen post. Was the post somehow reminiscent of a piss-smelling bathroom? Was this some sort of blog spam thing that I just wasn’t getting?

Turns out it was just referencing a question I posed in an earlier (and long forgotten) post. But I was momentarily quite confused.

3 Comments:

Blogger towwas said...

I live for blog comments. Mine go to my gmail address, so instead of refreshing the blog a billion times a day, I check gmail a billion times a day. Oh well. I guess it's more efficient that way.

8:40 PM  
Blogger grrrbear said...

Yeah, there's something validating about friends and complete strangers responding to something you've written.

The reverse is twice as frusterating though - when you've just written what you consider to be a great post and nobody responds. Urgh.

Such is the struggle of the blog-faithful, I guess.

8:08 AM  
Blogger towwas said...

Oh, yeah, I hate that. Maybe it happens when your post is just so perfect and complete, no one feels they need to add anything to it?

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home