Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Alito Confirmation Hea… z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z

It’s hard to imagine that these things were once riveting enough to completely capture public fancy. Because this thing is dull, dull, dull.

The “questions” seem to typically be of the Survivor finale variety. “Here’s why you suck/Here’s why you’re great. Do you agree?”

And the “responses” are monster varieties of say-nothing-ness. It’s all either “I can’t possible say anything about any issue at all because that issue might someday come before the court” or “Yes, I wrote/said this terrible thing a few years ago, but (a) I was just acting for a client, (b) I was just young, or (c) I would keep an open mind on the bench itself.” The nominee is so clearly trained to say as little as possible that the whole things becomes quite uninformative.

And then there’s Alito himself, who looks as bored as we are by the proceedings.

If only Sue Hawk were a senator, things might get a little interesting.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Pelika said...

I feel even worse for his wife, who has to sit directly behind him and look interested while doing absolutely nothing at all.

4:11 PM  
Blogger J.Po said...

I listened for about 2 minutes and then decided that the white-noise hum of my computer is more interesting. Sheesh

8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sue Hawk, the Invisible Woman from the Fantastic Four? Because that would be terrifically awesome. Except her name is Sue Storm. Sorry for knowing that.

10:28 PM  
Blogger grrrbear said...

I listened to the hearings on the way to a board meeting last night. Ugh...

That is all I have to say about the state of our government at the moment.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Stacey Pelika said...

Sue Hawk from Survivor!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home