Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A Tale of Two Chapters

So I told my adviser that I would turn in a draft of my dissertation on March 1.

Yipes.

Only then, of course, did I actually read two of the chapters that I wrote last July and haven’t touched since.

The first chapter turned out to be much better than I was expecting. And enough time had passed that I actually flipped the pages being somewhat eager as to what might be coming next.

The other chapter, though, is in a state of mini-disaster. I’ll provide a direct quote from page 18: “This basic hypothesis is easily tested by FILL IN LATER. Blah, blah, early interventions focused on the intervention itself, blah.”

On the plus side, I’ve somehow managed to avoid my usual Olympics addiction this year. You can go ahead and add “explanations of the new figure skating scoring system” to my list of Most Boring Things Ever from an earlier post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home