Thursday, February 16, 2006

Winter Blows. Both Literally and Figuratively.

Yes, yes. It was all fun last night. Trudging through the snow. Making multiple snowballs out of what had accumulated on my hat-less head. Thinking back to that glorious day when Governor Ventura canceled school in all of Minnesota.

But this blizzard is now officially dead to me.

Will it ever stop? And if not, how long would it take to construct a tunnel between my apartment and the library (with a diverting sub-tunnel going to Starbucks)?

My memory is now flashing back to that non-glorious day a few years ago when my apartment door flew open in the middle of the night and I awoke to a snowdrift in my kitchen and a sink full of ice-embedded glassware. Trust me. One feels immensely ridiculous when one has to bundle up and shovel out one’s own kitchen.

I feel like burning some carbon-filled oil in protest to Mother Nature.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Pelika said...

Ah yes, the blizzard. A blizzard that I have not yet seen since J.Po and I received advanced warning from H.Go and thus have been sitting in Schaumburg waiting for it all to pass. No snow here - just a lot of shopping and chatting with mall employees about the fact that we're stranded here.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh - the Schaumburg mall has an H&M. I like it when M.Bro wants to visit Ikea...wait, did I just "ooh" for buying clothes?

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home