Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Limbaugh Logic

Glutton-for-punishment as always, I listened to a little Rush while grading this afternoon. And even I was shockingly amused by the twists of logic he has been forced to employ to defend recent events.

On the Dubai port deal:

1. Bush is a near-ideal president.
2. Bush pays attention to things that are important.
3. Bush did not pay attention to the Dubai port deal.
4. Therefore, the Dubai port deal is not important.


On the recent CBS poll showing Bush’s approval at an all-time low of 34%:

1. The poll was made up of 27% Republicans, 40% Democrats, and 33% Independents [Rush’s numbers – I didn’t look them up myself].
2. Independents are people too cowardly to pick a side.
3. Democrats are Liberals by definition.
4. Liberals are cowards by definition.
5. Therefore, Independents [cowards] and Democrats [cowards] are both Liberals [cowards].
6. Therefore, the poll was actually made up of 27% Republics and 73% Liberals.
7. Therefore, Bush’s 34% approval is an enormous victory – because it shows that even Liberals are supporting him.

HEEEEEE!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Pelika said...

Very different than my interpretation upon hearing that survey result which was "Wow, he couldn't even keep all the Republicans!" This was before I knew the partisanship breakdown in the survey, so I will revise that to, "Wow, he got the Republicans and, uh, a few other people!"

3:07 PM  
Blogger grrrbear said...

Hee hee...at first I thought you were referring to the Canadian rock band.

Ah, sometimes I'm the best entertainment I have.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home