Friday, August 12, 2005

Grrrrrr....

I’ve just been listening to NPR while trying to decide how many coffee mugs one person really needs and whether it’s finally time to throw away those T-shirts I wore in high school. It was all rather pleasant. I even had coffee. Then this smug bastard comes on the radio as a guest of the NPR program and starts spouting out all of those all-too-typical conservative arguments that drive me crazy.

“[Insert critic of the war] is degrading troop morale and giving a boost to the terrorists.” It’s interesting that I have yet to hear from these people how it might be possible to criticize the war without sending all of our fragile Marines into a faint.

“Liberals rejoiced on September 11 and care far more for one dead terrorist than for 3,000 dead Americans.” ARRGGGHHHH! Everyone I know was shaken to the core on September 11. This argument offends me.

“We can’t really say yet whether Saddam Hussein was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks.” Well… no. Not for sure, I guess. We also can’t say for sure that there isn’t a jolly red-suited, elf-owning man residing at the North Pole. But it seems unlikely.

Oh, this stuff makes me mad.

5 Comments:

Blogger J.Po said...

I never thought I'd learn of Santa's questionable existence on a blog. Now I'm depressed.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's just like you fucking hippies to listen to NPR all day while you reduce your material possessions. You make me sick.

5:22 PM  
Blogger OleNelson said...

Hmm…. Interesting interpretations abound. I hadn’t realized that I was a conservative-bashing Nazi sympathizer. And a hippie. What a fascinating juxtaposition I represent!

As for the Santa issue, I was COMPLETELY misinterpreted. I was referring to Santa’s alleged twin brother, Fanta. Fanta is the non-existent elf owner. Santa, on the other hand, totally exists.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

What does it mean to "equivocate" someone?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Equivocate is an intransitive verb. Perhaps thetruth is conflating "Equivocate" with another word.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home