Monday, August 22, 2005

Negronis and Pimms and Moscow Mules, Oh My!

A hearty thanks to all who attended my housewarming/cocktail event last evening. I had a blast. And it certainly makes one’s apartment feel more like home when friends and family have gathered there.

A few random notes:

The gimlet is now my official favorite drink. This position was cemented when M-Bro made a disapproving face after trying her gimlet. I asked to taste it to make sure I had made it properly, and I immediately countered her “eh” with a hearty “yum!” It may not be for everyone, but I like it.

Special props should be given to J-Bro who, I believe, made it through my entire menu of drinks! And special apologies to whomever it was that I first described the negroni as “subtle.” This is incorrect, as proven by the gagging motions made by more than one attendee.

Despite having gone through a fair number of libations, I still have startling amount of vodka left and may thus have to throw another cocktail party in the near future. Start resting your livers now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure I batted the cycle - if by "batted" I mean "had drinks forced on my by the host in an effort to stop me from mountain biking the next morning." A successful effort.

I'll come to another cocktail party, but it's all water and soda for me. I'm done drinking alcohol. Done.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Extra vodka just means more gimlets for you!

PS - I think J.Bro gets an A++ for most items on the report card, and Ole, you definitely get one for "Generosity with Rounds."

5:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, god - does that mean I urinated in public? Was it off the balcony? God I hope it wasn't off the balcony.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Stacey Pelika said...

Let's see, what was the best moment. When ELF tried to tell me that it was hilarious that Ole's calendar said that Truman "signed a bull" (it was a bill)? Or when J.Bro told me and M.Bro that we were "walking too fast" as we ambled very, very slowly up Johnson. Oh, the memories! I'm glad I paced myself and cleared up any lingering hangoverness with a little Gatorade the next day.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home