Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Welcome Home, OleNelson

YEAH! One corner of my new apartment looks fantastic. The books are in place. There are things on the wall. The lighting is great. I feel at home.

Of course, the rest of the place is still a complete disaster zone.

Assuming, though, that I can eventually conquer the towering pile of old boxes and duct tape growing in the kitchen, I think I will love the place. I mean, thanks to my mom, even the bottom of the refrigerator is now sparkling clean, and I continue to be amazed that the sinks actually drain and that I no longer have to find something else to do for ten minutes while I wait for the water to warm up. In fact, it might all be a little too nice, in that I feel an increasingly intense desire to throw out my stuff and buy all new things to better fit the niceness of my surroundings.

On an unrelated note, I have a completely and utterly hypothetical question. Let’s say some random person moves to a new place, plugs in the television on a whim (having not yet started cable service), and discovers an inordinate number of channels appearing on said television. Furthermore, let’s pretend that this person has an in-home appointment with the cable company in two weeks to set up a very sad ten-channel basic cable. How does this hypothetical person proceed?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

One of this hypothetical person's hypothetical friends strangely found VH1, and MTV, and MTV2 on his basic cable channels 17, 18, and 19 after moving across town. Those channels should be C-Span and home shopping, but this hypothetical friend has no plans to tell anyone about this mistake.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Assume hypothetical female looks in hypothetical email inbox and sees no hypothetical emails from hypothetical friend in hypothetical city in Wisconsin that hypothetically rhymes with Vadison, but then sees hypothetical friend had time to hypothetically blog, whicle she hypothetically hyperventilates over hypothetical friend's hypothetical upcoming wedding.

What shall she hypothetically do??

8:52 AM  
Blogger J.Po said...

Hypothetically, I may have arisen one day somewhere on the west coast to discover the sudden and unexpected arrival of cable services in my apartment, only to find said disappear 6 months later. Based on this hypothetical situation, my hypothetical sense is that the cable gods will catch up with the hypothetical person someday, at which time he/she can call for assistance.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the hypothetical blessing you speak of also occurred when some other hypothetical person set up shop in a new town, let's call it shnue craven, or old unsafe place. he also freely enjoyed unsolicited cable for nearly one academic year, at which point it left him. he felt absolutely no remorse about this, especially as the naturally occurring fount of entertainment edited for content, being sure to provide comedy central and tnt (with its ample supply of delicious, yet work-delaying law and order) while filtering out fox news and lifetime.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home